LIVE EVERY SECOND!!
FOLLOW your heart, EMBRACE your dreams, and CHERISH your life!!!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Heart's Desire

I love hearts.. They are everywhere right now. It is LOVE month. Valentine's Day is the 14th. In my devotions, I have been reading a good book by a favorite author of mine... I was reading and two words jumped off the page to me....   HEART'S DESIRE

Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord ; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 
Trust in Him, delight yourself in Him.. This is in everything you do. Do everything to please God. If you are not, then you are not having the right HEART'S DESIRE.

This is kind of funny and a bit of a side note but here gos... Bath and Body Works had a fragrance a few years back that was named this...   HEART'S DESIRE... LOL   and YES, it smelled like roses!!!!! It was a nice fragrance but could be somewhat overpowering..... Anyway, after reading some more, I started thinking about HEART'S DESIRE... When you see those words, do you ,like me, immediately think of your sweetie???  Is he or she what your heart desire's??? When they become your heart's desire, you do all to please them, to be with them when you can.. They ARE what your heart desire's..

Some people has their heart's desire on MATERIAL things... their heart desires that HUGE house, brand , NEW car, million bucks in the bank, perfect STORYBOOK life with all the ''trimmings'', Be the PERFECT parent... and then and ONLY then will they become HAPPY..... This is their HEART'S DESIRE..

Matthew 6 :33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you.
People try to get all these things without trusting in God first. They try to do it all by themselves. The Bible plainly says to seek Him FIRST.

Other's HEART'S DESIRE is making other's life miserable. They love to run over people, mock them , think they are better than the other blame others for their OWN problems, ruin something that was NONE of their buisness to start with. Some has a HEART'S DESIRE to destroy a life by abusing and  poison their own self because it was something they had to have at that moment...

What is your HEART'S DESIRE?????? Trust me, I am convicted as I write.... What do you want?? Do you desire things that are clean?? Do you desire what God has for you.. If you do , then nothing else should matter. Ask yourself, Do you desire to live a life that pleases Him? I think of a song my youth choir sings, my dear mama leads it. It is called, ''It's MY desire''  The chorus says,'' If you could see where Jesus brought me from, to where I am today, then you would know the reason why, I love Him so. You can take the world's wealth and riches, I don't need earth's fame. It's MY desire, to live for Him.'' Every time I hear this song it is a blessing to me. It reminds me of what my desire should be. This should be every person's  HEART'S DESIRE.

If you don't watch out, you will live a life that leads to your HEART'S DESIRE to please yourself and other people. Worry plays a BIG role in this. This is a BIGGY for me.. Worrying what will happen next, worrying about how you are going to make something happen. Saw this quote the other day about worrying, and boy, did it hit home in my HEART.  ''WORRY , CHOOSE FAITH OVER IT.'' This is so true. We need to trust HIM to help us with worrying... Worrying about pleasing others.. I have just about quit that one... I have a lot of reasons why  too,, but that is a different day/different post..LOL..


Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence ; for out of it are the issues of life.
You decide what the desire of your heart is. You make the choices, you live with whatever happens next, GOOD OR BAD... I want to have a heart's desire to do the Lord's will for my life. I want to trust Him for all my needs, I want to remember I can not do anything with out His help.I want to be the best wife, daughter, sister, friend, cook, blogger.. (lol) I can be... this is my HEART'S DESIRE. 

No comments: