LIVE EVERY SECOND!!
FOLLOW your heart, EMBRACE your dreams, and CHERISH your life!!!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Thank You LORD

i am waking  up this morning to find out about the Colorado movie theater shooting... wow... things just keep getting worse every day.. I am overwhelmed at how a heartless person can take innocent, young lives... People are cruel!!! They need Jesus!! I am praying today for the families of these victims, and I am  very glad they have this person in custody, so  that he can no longer do this!!!

This makes me thankful today to the Lord for all His many blessings. My ''Grattitude Attitude'' today is in place.  Some blessings today include, my hubby arriving from work this morning, SAFE!! and at home with me!!! A good morning hug and kiss!! Thankful for a yummy breakfast that he prepared for me and him!! Thankful for our home, and our little piece of land we have here... It still amazes me that the Lord preserved this just for us.. in HIS time... Thankful for the ''basic things''.. like water, AIR CONDITIONER!!!!!!, and power!!! We have  had a a lot of power outages in our area lately, due to really bad storms.. Thankful HE has kept us safe. I am thankful for our garden.. I know that is  kind of crazy.. but I am thankful for it.. It has had a SLOW start, because it was soooo dry, but we have got some much needed rain, so it has kind of had a growth spurt over the past few days.. We have gotten cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers of the vines this week..

2 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

This makes me aware to NEED to be more thankful. Often I struggle with the WILL of God concerning my life. I definately know that it IS the WILL of Him to be thankful.This is commanded!!!! ,According to this verse in 2 Thessalonians. When we are thankful,it is much more easier to praise the Lord for the things He has done for us. I, sometimes, worry about what iS going to happen tomorrow, before I am even thankful for the things that have happen, or will happen today!!! I need to work on that, because I know He is in control of it ALL.. past, present, and FUTURE!!!
I found this poem and it describes my true feelings today.....

THANKSGIVING is more than a day in November, That students of history are taught to remember, For while we still offer the traditional prayer, We pray out of habit without being aware, That the pilgrims thanked GOD just for being alive, For the strength that HE gave them to endure and survive. Oh, teach us, dear GOD, we are pilgrims, STILL, Subject alone to  YOUR guidance and Will, And show us the way to purposeful living, So we may have reason for DAILY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Thank you Lord for your blessings on me and my wonderful family.. Your goodness amazes me everyday!!

No comments: