LIVE EVERY SECOND!!
FOLLOW your heart, EMBRACE your dreams, and CHERISH your life!!!

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Breakfast Skillet

Every now and then, I see something on tv, advertising a certain product, this time it was the  ''simply potatoes''.. I get ideas that start spinning in my head..'' I would like to try that with this,''... I start thinking of different things to add or take away to make it my own. A few weeks ago, I had some time off and it was during the big snow..haha    the big snow that was gone by the next day!!! It sure was pretty while it lasted!!  I experimented in the kitchen a little.. I tried a new breakfast skillet.. I really liked it, and so did hubby. I served it with a side of bacon, but already have a new version for the next one...( haha) and I ate mine with a side of salsa..it gave it a great added taste..


HERE ARE THE INGREDIENTS!

 1 bag of shredded hashbrowns
1 bag of sharp shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs or 6 egg beaters (either one)
oil for the skillet

 heat enough oil to coat the skillet, add the potatoes.. (I added almost the whole bag).. let cook for about 6-8 minutes.. then flip in sections, and cook the other side for 6-8 minutes.

 after the second side is done, beat the 6 eggs, and pour on top of potatoes.

 let the eggs cook, add salt and pepper to taste at this time.

 when the eggs start to pull away from the side of the pan, scatter the cheese.
 this is when I like to see it get all melted and yummy looking!!!

 
 this is the final product!!!! It was so good.. next time I would like to add monterey jack cheese, diced ham, or the real bacon pieces, sauteed onion, and peppers.. mmmmm! It kind of reminds me of Waffle House scattered, covered, smothered.. you know!!! I also think this would be great when you have breakfast for supper, we love to do that !!!!
then it was time to go play in the pretty snow before it all melted !!!!!

No comments: